GOLDEN GATE WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING
HELD ON MARCH 6, 2000
AT GERSCHWIN THEATER, USF, S.F.
Ian Clarke, President, opened the meeting at 7:10 p.m.
Athena, Avanti, BC United, Berkeley Bruisers, Bittersluts, Bo and the Deelites, Brown Sugar, Celtic Ramblers, Cramps, Crush, Crux, Daruma's Divas, Devil Mountain, Dylan's Villains, East Bay United, Follies, Gay Dubliners, Hightides, Ireland's 32, Kismet United, Las Brujas, Las Diablitas, Mad Dog's, Mad Hatters, Marin Flash, Mill Valley Edge, Mna, Naomh Padraig I, Naomh Padraig II, Pat O'Shea's, Rip Tide, SF Fuego, SF Rangers, SF Scots, Sirens, SSF Shooters, Rovers, Talking Feet, Tasmanian Devils, Turf Warriors.
Teams Absent: Berkeley FC, Las Atrevidas, Marin Marauders, Mudhens, Renegades SC, Wildcats.
Approval of the minutes from the March 6, 2000 Board of Directors' Meeting was tabled to the end of the meeting.
- Scheduling, Fields and Referees
- Ian handed out schedules for the spring season.
- He pointed out that there were some games scheduled on April 1 and April 29 at unassigned fields, listed as "NoAvail" on the schedule. He said he was trying to get Corte Madera Town Park on April 1st for the Mad Hatters vs Mill Valley Edge and Crush vs Marin Marauders games, and that he was working on fields for the Ireland's 32 vs Las Brujas game, as well as the April 29th games.
- Ian asked that the league report any scheduling errors so he can make changes on the website
- He announced that the league should be prepared to play any rainouts or cancelled games at the end of the season; therefore the last date that your team is scheduled is not necessarily the end of the season.
- First Vice President, Discipline
- Allie handed out a Spring/Fall 1999 Comments and Fall 1999 Warning Report.
- She added that the Warnings Report is somewhat confusing because the information she receives from Giampaolo is his tracking of all cards issued but it doesn't coincide with the passes that are mailed to her for red cards.
- Vice President, Tournaments
- Ilisa was absent.
- Ian announced that there is an upcoming CSAN affiliated tournament abroad - The 2nd Austral-Asia Invitational Women's Cup, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The tournament dates are Oct. 29 through Nov. 4, 2000. He had a registration form for all teams interested.
- Ian announced that the 7-a-side tournament is on Saturday, April 22. The entry deadline is April 3, the entry fee is $120.00 and there is roster maximum of 12 people. Teams can get the registration form from the website.
- Vice President New Players
- Kelly Gould was absent.
- Ian reminded all teams that are listed as needing players to return phone calls as a courtesy to the players looking for teams.
- Member at Large, CSAN Representative
- Kelly Lynch said the February CSAN meeting was cancelled so she had nothing to report. She said she would be attending the March 25, CSAN meeting and asked if the league had any matters for her to take to CSAN.
- Barbara asked if Kelly could ask CSAN why teams are limited to 18 players per roster.
- Ian asked Kelly to look into finding out which local women's leagues allow dual registration.
- Member at Large, League Affairs
- Allyson suggested that the league take on another letter writing campaign to the Park & Rec. department for fields.
- Ian said that he would like to see the league get more fields if possible, if not, he would like the league to at least get better quality fields.
- Allyson said that she had a lead on a Berkeley field but was given an incorrect phone number for the field contact.
- Member at Large, Over 40's
- Barbara gave an over 40's update.
- She said that the over 40's advertising had not yet been finalized.
- Practices for the over 40's had been scant due to rain and/or poor field conditions.
- She asked the board for approval to buy soccer balls for the over 40's group, currently they borrow Toby's. Discussion ensued and the board voted to spend $100.00 on equipment for the over 40's.
- Ian suggested that the over 40's use the Hayward fields on Sundays because the league does have it reserved.
- Ian announced CSAN's new hours - Monday & Friday, 11:00am to 7:00 PM.
- Ian announced that CSAN would allow dual registration to any affiliated league. He asked the if the board was interested in dual registration. He made a motion to vote on the acceptance of dual registration for the GGWSL. Barbara Elliott asked if dual registration would be allowed for players in the league playing on two teams, one of them being an over 40's team. Ian told her that this would be considered a special circumstance and said that it would be allowed. The Board voted to allow dual registration between leagues but not on two teams within the league, with the exception of an over 30's or 40's team, and a Select team.
- Ian announced that the CSAN women's select team tryouts was off to a slow start and that the board should tell their teammates about the possibility of the GGWSL putting together a select team to compete against another league's teams This game would be watched by the select team coach and used in place of tryouts.
- Frank Lopez (SF Fuego) volunteered to organize the GGWSL team tryouts. Ian said that he would e-mail any select team information to Frank.
- Nancy (Secretary) announced the teams that had yet to turn in their release of liability forms. They were the Ramblers, Athena, Renegades SC, Las Diablitas, SSF Shooters, Mad Dog's, Daruma and the Dubliners.
- Sylvia Pacheco (Mna) announced that The Sports Basement, 1301 6th St., SF 94107, was having a GGWSL night on Wednesday, 3/8/00, from 6:30 to 8:30pm. She said that all purchases made on that evening would be given a 20% discount and purchases made thereafter would receive a 15% discount.
- Committee Reports
- Participation List
- Allie said that all teams in the league were on the participation list and that she would add Frank Lopez (SF Fuego) to the list for league select team organizer.
- Other Committee Reports
- The 7-a-Side Tournament Committee was going to meet after the meeting (without Ilisa).
- New Business
- Laura handed out copies of the West Sunset field permits for the spring season and encouraged the board to bring a copy with them to all West Sunset games.
- Set Agenda and date for the April 2000 Board of Directors' Meeting
- The next league meeting was set for Monday, April 3, 2000 @ 7:00 p.m.
- The meeting location is 2400 Turk, at Masonic, School of Education - Gerschwin Theater, room 110, S.F.
- Ian made a motion to skip the May 2000 Board of Directors meeting. A vote was made and the motion carried.
- There being no further business to come before the Board of Directors, a motion to adjourn was made by Kelly Holt. The motion was seconded, and the meeting adjourned at 8:05 p.m.