GOLDEN GATE WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MEETING HELD ON FEBRUARY 5, 2001
AT GERSCHWIN THEATER, USF, S.F.
Ian Clarke, President, opened the meeting at 7:15 p.m.
Adelante, Athena, Avanti, Avenue SC, BC United, Bittersluts, Bo and the Deelites, Brown Sugar, Celtic Ramblers, Cramps, Crush, Crux, Daruma's Divas, DPC Hotties, Devil Mountain, Dylan's Villains, East Bay United, Follies, High Tides, Ireland's 32, Kismet United, Las Atrevidas, Las Brujas, Mad Dog's, Mad Hatters, Marin Flash, Marin Marauders, Mill Valley Edge, Mna, Mudhens, Pat O'Shea's, Reidy's Ringers, Renegades SC, Rip Tide, SF Fuego, SF Rangers, SF Scots, Shamrock Rovers, Sirens, SSF Shooters, Talking Feet, Tasmanian Devils, Turf Warriors, United FC and Wildcats.
Teams Absent: Deviled Eggs, Naomh Padraig I and Naomh Padraig II.
The minutes from the January 8, Annual General Meeting were accepted with the following change under VI. Amendment to Bylaws, the addition of the following text should be added: All bylaw changes were voted upon and accepted by the GGWSL board. In section V. Election of Officers, the word "acclimation" should be replaced with the word "acclamation".
Guest Speaker - Ric Olivas, President CSA - North (CSAN)
- Ric introduced himself to the board and announced that he was hoping to help our league put a face with CSAN and he wanted to meet with us to get a better idea of what our league needs.
- He discussed the various programs offered by CSAN, which included the Select Team program, free "d" licensing coaching clinics, league/referee conflict resolution and secondary league insurance.
- He announced that the USSF is asking for a fee increase for registered players and that the rate increase should take affect after the CSAN AGM (in August 2001). He added that there has not been a fee increase at CSAN in the past 14 years.
- In conclusion he announced that he would to see our league (women) get involved in coaching and refereeing because there are thousand of young girls involved with soccer and their only role models are primarily men.
- Season Procedures
- President , Scheduling Fields and Referees - Ian Clarke
- Ian announced that the deadline for bylaw request is February 14, 2001 and it's one bye request per team.
- He announced that the league only has two fields in San Francisco this season. He feels that our league is not proactive enough in lobbying for more fields.
- He said that because of this shortage of fields he might schedule some games for Sunday either in San Francisco or Hayward. He took a hand count of teams that were not available to play on Sunday. He suggested that the team representatives check with their teammates and let him know (via email) by February 14th if they could play on Sundays.
- First Vice President, Discipline - Allie Fung
- Allie announced that the fall 2000 Team Comment reports were available for everyone's review.
- Vice President, New Players - Frank Lopez
- Frank said he hadn't received any new inquiries since the last meeting.
- Frank reminded the board that if they want to be listed on the league's website as needing players then they should indicate this by including a "yes" next to their name on the meeting sign-in sheet.
- Member at Large, CSAN Representative - Irma Rupport
- Member at Large, Over 40's - Barbara Elliott
- Barbara announced that the Over 40's were preparing to travel to Las Vegas to play in a tournament.
- The over 40's have changed their Sunday practice field from Gratton park to Rossi Field (at Arguello and Anza).
- Barbara said that their practices are getting an average of 20 people and that she is very excited with the over 40's progress.
- Ian discussed the Gabe West practice field arrangement with the following teams: Cramps, Crush, Crux, Mill Valley, Mudhens, Riptide and Wildcats.
- Nancy announced that there were blank GGWSL Waiver and Release of Liability forms for those teams that needed them and that all forms should be mailed to her at 33 Lakewood Dr., Daly City CA 94015, before the first league game.
- Ian asked the board if they wanted to form a committee that would look into getting fields for the league for this season. The following people volunteered to be in the committee: Katy Pope (Las Atrevidas), Jodi Johnson (Bittersluts), David Forsyth (Mudhens) and Tara Zorovich (Mad Dog's).
- Sylvia Pacheco (Mna) asked if her team could request an early game in addition to the one bye per season. Ian responded that it would not be a problem as long as she included the necessary information in her bye request email.
- Committee Reports
- There were no committee reports.
- New Business
- Mary Griggs collected the spring 2001 league fees
- Set Agenda and date for the March 2001 Meeting of the Board of Directors
- The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on Monday, March 5, 2001, at 7pm.
- The meeting location is 2400 Turk, at Masonic, USF School of Education - Gerschwin Theater, room 110, S.F.
- There being no further business to come before the Board of Directors, a motion to adjourn was made and seconded, and the meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.