GOLDEN GATE WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
HELD ON JANUARY 5, 2004
AT LONE MOUNTAIN ROOM 244A, USF, S.F.
I. Ian Clarke, President, opened the meeting at 7:00p.m.
II. Roll Call
Teams Present: Bay City United,Blackthorn FC,Bo and the Deelites,Brujas,Celtic Ramblers,Crux,Daruma,EB United,Follies,Forte,High Tide,Ireland's 32,Just for Kicks,Kismet United,Las Atrevidas ,Mad Dogs, Mad Hatters,Marin Flash, Marin Marauders,Mna,Naomph Padraig, Nighthawks, Rip Tide,Saltamontes,SF Fuego,SF Rangers,SF Scots, Shamrock Rovers,Sirens,Talking Feet,Tasmanian Devils,The Crush,Turf Warriors,United FC,Wakiza,Zephyr
Absent: Adelante,Avanti,Cramps, Las Pumas, Magic,
Mudhens,Renegades, SF Vikings,
III. November 2003 minutes accepted without correction.
IV. Season Procedures
A. Scheduling, Fields and Referees – Ian Clarke
§ Ian made a motion to eliminate bye requests with the exception of tournament requests. Rovers motion to table issue to February meeting. Follies second motion. Motion carries.
§ Divisional breakdown-Crux presented a proposed amendment to the bylaws for vote by the league. Daruma motioned to table discussion until February meeting. Saltamontes 2nd the motion. Motion carries
§ Special meeting after the February General was voted and approved to discuss the divisional breakdown proposal presented by Crux.
SF Park & Rec has raised field
dues. A field is being pursued in
§ Teams noted an interest in pursuing all-weather fields.
B. Finance – Colleen Adams
· Colleen brought the league up to date with our financial situation. Explained that SF Park & Rec raised fees, that we were over budget due to unexpected expenses in the Fall 2003 season.
· Colleen handed out a chart detailing how an increase in dues would effect teams.
· Colleen made a motion to increase league dues to $850 for the spring season. Mna seconds motion. Motion carries.
A. Vice President, New players - Laura Fontana
· No report
B. Vice President, Discipline – Chris Mankewicz
· No report
C. Member at Large, CSAN Representative – Barb Elliott.
· Barb needs someone to attend the CSAN meeting on 1/24/04
D. Member at Large, Over 40’s – Barbara Elliott
· Anyone interested in helping or attending these practices should contact Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org
§ League Fees Non-Refundable: Mad Dog proposed making team dues non-refundable. Daruma 2nd the motion. Motion carries.
§ Fundraising Committee: Ian made a motion to form a fundraising committee. Daruma 2nd motion. Motion carries. Scots, Mna, Wakiza, Bo & the Deelites and Mad Dog team members volunteered for the committee.
§ A fundraising meeting was proposed prior to the next league meeting (February 2004).
§ Teams with games remaining were asked to meet with Ian after the meeting to discuss rescheduling.
§ Elections – President, Secretary, and VP New Players were up for re-election.
o Ian Clark re-nominated and re-elected as President
o Karen Opp re-nominated and re-elected as Secretary
o Craig Settles nominated and elected as VP New Players. Laura Fontana to step down.
I. Set Agenda and date for the next meeting of the Board of Directors
· The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on Monday, February 2, 2004
· There being no further business to come before the Board of Directors, a motion to adjourn was made and seconded, and the meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.