GOLDEN GATE WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
HELD ON February 7, 2005
I. Ian Clarke, President, opened the meeting at 7:15 p.m.
II. Roll Call
Teams Present: Avanti, Bay City United, Blackthorn FC, Bo and the Deelites, Celtic Ramblers, Chaos, Cramps, Crux, Daruma, EB United, Follies, Forte, Furies FC, High Tide, Just For Kicks, Killer Tomatoes, Kismet United, Las Atrevidas, Las Brujas, Mad Dog, Mad Hatters, Magic, Marin Marauders, Mna, Naomh Padraig, Nighthawks, Olympic Club, Renegades S.C., Rip Tide, S.F. Fuego, S.F. Scots, S.F. Vikings, Saltamontes, Shamrock Rovers, SIPA, Sirens, SSF Shooters, Talking Feet, Tasmanian Devils, The Crush, Turf Warriors, Underdawgs, United FC, Wakiza, Wasabi, Zephyr
Teams Absent: Adelante, Azucar, Ireland's 32, Marin Flash, S.F. Rangers,
Announcement of New Teams: “Mills” (awaiting official name), Naomh Padraig 2
III. Motion to table accepting the January 2005 minutes by Ian Clarke (?), Cramps (Joan) second motion. Motion carries, accepting minutes tabled.
IV. Season Procedures
A. Scheduling, Fields and Referees – Ian Clarke
§ Ian requested Naomh Padraig attempt to obtain a time slot at Burlington HS.
§ Ian notes Marin Flash and Shamrock Rovers will be considered Marin Teams.
§ Reminder that bye requests taken only if you are in a tournament and done 2 weeks before season starts
§ Season begins March 5, ends June 11. Ian motions for final player transfer date to be April 23. Chris M 2nds, motion carries.
§ Barb motions league dues can be paid at February and August meetings.
B. Treasurer – Colleen Adams
· Dues for Spring 2004 season were collected.
· Teams not Paid: Azucar, Magic. There is a one week grace period.
· Send ideas regarding a possibility of a ‘scholarship” with some of the sponsor money.
C. Secretary – Karen Opp
· Please be sure to review minutes from previous meetings for team absences.
D. Vice President, New players – Craig Settles
· If you have tried out people and not taken them, direct them to Craig with a brief description of level. Email Craig with information.
· If you have extra pre-paid forms, email Craig.
· Reminder if you shop at Sports Basement, you get 10% off with your ggwsl card at the Presidio Store.
E. Vice President, Discipline – Chris Mankewich
· Reminder for team reps to fill out the game report after every game, including cards, referee name and score. Be sure to rate the referee.
· To report incidents, go to League documents and use the incident report. Also note injuries on game cards.
F. Member at Large, CSAN Representative – Barb Elliott (Craig substitutes).
· CSAN would like more female referees, planning on doing regular clinics.
G. Member at Large, Over 35’s – Barbara Elliott
· Not enough people to field 6 teams: allowances are ability to sign 22 players, 1 east bay practice location, 1 San Francisco practice location (collective practices), anyone can attend practice, 2 players age 30 – 34 are allowed.
· Vikings suggested working with San Francisco’s Park & Recreations summer 7-aside league.
A. Special Committee – Tournament (Craig)
· Suggests Orange Park to keep expenses down
· Anyone who would like to help, email Craig.
§ Treasurer: Nighthawks (Jill) nominates Colleen Adams, Colleen accepts, Barb 2nds.
§ Ian motions to make the next meeting “special” to alter bylaws, 2nd by Chris M., motion carries..
§ Kris Bradburn volunteers to be point person for the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival.
§ Reminder of April 2nd charity game benefiting the Mission Rec Center, $5 at the gate, children’s clinic at 6pm. Kickoff at 7:30
D. Set Agenda and date for the next meeting of the Board of Directors
· The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on Monday April 4, 2005. Ian motions, Chris M 2nd, motion carries
· There being no further business to come before the Board of Directors, a motion to adjourn was made and seconded, and the meeting adjourned at 9:08 p.m.